St. Joseph's General Hospital Health Care with Compassion  
St Joseph's Hospital


About Careers at St.
Joseph's Hospital

get acrobat

Careers - Frequently Asked Questions

I've looked through the current positions and don't see what I am looking for. Can I still apply?

Yes. We are always accepting general applications. General applications are kept on file for six months and should a position in that area become available, we send the resumes on file to the manager for first consideration. If we do not have any qualified applicants on file, then we would advertise externally on our website, or associated websites, in professional journals or in the newspaper.

How do I get an application?

You can obtain an application by picking one up at the hospital (Human Resource Services office) or download one by clicking HERE. Please note that this application cannot be completed online. Your must print it,and fax, mail or drop off the completed copy either to the hospital's front desk or Human Resource Services office.

I can't seem to print out the application form, what am I doing wrong?

The application form is a PDF file which means you need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer in order to read it. This is a free program which you can download from the Adobe website HERE.

What if I want to apply to different cities or facilities? Does St. Joseph's post positions with the Vancouver Island Health Authority?

Currently, our Human Resources - Employment Services only manages recruitment for St. Joseph's General Hospital, Comox. St. Joseph's is an affiliate of the Vancouver Island Health Authority and we recommend you contact VIHA offices for those areas you are interested in. For a full list of VIHA addresses, fax and telephone number see the main page: (Tab - Work With VIHA).

Can I get a job with St. Joseph's General Hospital if I am not Canadian and currently live in a different country?

Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada can be considered for advertised positions. Information about employment authorization (visas) in Canada is available on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website: U.S. citizens working in certain healthcare professions can obtain information about working in Canada through NAFTA.

Registration contacts:

  • Registered Nurses: or phone (toll free within B.C.)
    1-800-565-6505 Outside of Province: (604) 736-7331.

  • Licensed Practical Nurses: or phone (toll free within B.C.)
    1-888-440-6900. Outside of Province: (604) 660-5750.

  • Psychiatric Nurses: or phone (toll free within B.C.)
    1-800-565-2505. Outside of Province: (604) 931-5200.